JOIN OUR TEAM
So you want to join the HOUNDS team?
We want to hear from you! We are dead set on creating an experience people will love from start to finish, but our sets and special effects only form half the product. Our staff and performers must be friendly, personable, but most importantly absolutely full of energy. They are the start, middle and end of every experience.
ABOUT THE JOB
The position comes in four main parts:
Although a small part of the role, this is what you will be best known for. Each experience includes around ~10 minutes of private show-opener performance whereby you will be performing as satire caricatures in an interactive theatre environment. At the end of each experience, you will perform an additional ~5 minute show-closer where you will debrief the guests. You will be adorning simple costumes and props, loosely following a script and being thouroughly entertaining. From time to time, you may also need to improvise some "street theatre" routines around and outside of the venue. The performers for each experience work differently and may have larger performing roles, but are all equally important.
This is where the bulk of your time will be spent. After the private performance segment of each experience, you will then transition to running the experience from behind the scenes. This includes watching the visitors through CCTV, activating parts of their experience and special effects upon certain prompts and making sure their experience is smooth and fun by interacting in character periodically over a microphone or in person. Before each experience commences, you will be responsible for setting up the physical props, spaces and electronics maticulously in preparation for the next visitors.
Eventually you will be expected to become trained to serve on our reception and cocktail bar. This will include receptionist duties such as answering phones, checking in guests, making alterations to ticket bookings and giving operational briefings to arrivals. This role is intertwined with serving hot/soft/bottled drinks and cocktail making in an exclusive mini-bar.
During gaps, cleaning of all parts of the venue (entrance, experiences, bar, toilets, behind the scenes) is essential. You may also have the opportunity to assist the team with maintenance related tasks like basic fixes, carrying and decorating.
- As we serve alcohol, all applicants must be over 18 years old.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- GCSE education.
- Natural ability to learn and operate new technologies.
- Adept multitasking ability.
- Excellent attitude to customer service.
- Must have clear English accent & be able to speak
with international accents also - East & West
- Time keeping ability.
- Attention to detail.
- Committed and conscientious work ethic.
- Any acting skills at all would be beneficial.
- Customer service experience.
- Any special skills or experience will be taken into consideration.
- A love for immersive theater and escape games is beneficial but not mandatory.
-Close proximity/ability to travel, as there may be shifts at short notice.
WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER
- Flexible work times.
- Self employed position.
- A diverse work environment with multiple roles.
- The characters you play are yours to get creative with.
- Working within a small business with a big reputation.
The application process will include an interview, followed by an audition, so be prepared to learn a short script and impress us!
If you're interested in applying, please email David at:
...with the following details attached:
- Your CV.
- A brief cover letter including your favourite type of cake and why, as well as your best memory of an immersive experience.
- A rough outline of your availability.
- Confirmation you can attend the interview/audition date.
- Confirmation that you are able to work on a self-employed basis.
PLEASE NOTE: This position is mostly weekend/evening work.
NEXT INTERVIEW/AUDITION DATE:
We can't wait to meet you!