JOIN OUR TEAM
So you want to join the HOUNDS team?
We want to hear from you! We are dead set on creating an experience people will love from start to finish, but our games only form half the experience. Our staff must be friendly, personable, but most importantly absolutely full of energy. They are the start, middle and end of every booking.
ABOUT THE JOB
Primarily your role will be a Games Master/performer in character and as such you will need to loosely follow a script and adorn a simple costume. In this role you will be introducing yourself to customers, giving a short but playful brief and then running their game from our control rooms. Whilst running their game, you will need to watch the customers through CCTV, activate parts of their game upon certain prompts and make sure their experience is smooth and fun by providing clues and help in character when needed over a microphone. After their game you will debrief the group, take feedback on their experience and make sure they can’t wait to come back for another game, before resetting the game for the next team. During busy times, you may need to improvise some "street theater" routines with the other performers around and outside the venue. Other roles within this job can consist of receptionist duties, minor bar work (serving hot and cold drinks in our bar) and general maintenance/cleaning/upkeep of our great venue! Full training will be given and there will be opportunity to become a real asset to the company as it grows.
- As we serve alcohol, all applicants must be over 18 years old
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- GCSE education
- Natural ability to learn and operate new technologies
- Adept multitasking ability
- Excellent attitude to customer service
- Not afraid to put on a silly voice!
- Time keeping ability
- Attention to detail
- Committed and conscientious work ethic
- Any acting skills at all would be beneficial
- Customer service/retail experience
- Any special skills or experience will be taken into consideration
- A love for Escape rooms is beneficial but not mandatory
-Close proximity/ability to travel, as there may be shifts at short notice
WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER
- £10.00 per hour
- Additional holiday pay
- Flexible work hours to work around you
- A job like no other, working for an escape game company is a totally different career to anything you've ever done before!
- The character you play is yours to get creative with
- Direct contact with the company owners. If something is wrong, let us know!
- Regular progress meetings and discussions, your ideas listened to!
- Regular work socials with our close and friendly team
The application process will include an interview, followed by an audition, so be prepared to learn a short script and impress us!
If you're interested in applying, please email David at:
...with the following details attached:
- Your CV
- A brief cover letter including your favorite type of cake and why, as well as your favorite escape game you've played so far (if applicable)
- A rough outline of your availability
-Confirmation you can attend both the interview and audition date
PLEASE NOTE: This position is mostly weekend/evening work.
NEXT INTERVIEW DATE: TBA
NEXT AUDITION DATE: TBA
We can't wait to meet you!